Only Grown Folks Will Understand...

You know as I look at social media these days, I have to literally keep quiet. The things that people say and post, really can be worrisome. When did this become okay?! I mean, social media was something that 20  years ago, was new, fresh, hot and unknown. It had that mystery of a new scent. You were intrigued by it, you wanted it, but you were unsure of it. Now social media has taken over EVERYTHING! You keep relationships going based on what you see or hear happening on social media.

Celebrities are now your "friends". You can see and know exactly what they are doing. From what they are having for breakfast, to the type of workout they are currently doing, to even the color of the underwear they are wearing. Honestly, privacy is almost extinct! Why have privacy when you are telling the world all your business? This isn't going for just celebrities either. I know a lot about my former classmates based on what they share on social media. I know who's getting married, I know who's having a baby, I know who's getting a divorce. And if you read between the lines, you can also see who's sleeping with whom in some cases. Sad isn't it? Which brings me to what this post is actually about, and that is DRAMA!

So when did being hateful and disrespectful to one another become cool? When did having a side piece become the thing to do? When did sexual immorality become that thing to do? Now don't get me wrong, I'm not perfect nor am I naive. It's plainly written in the Bible as to how and why these things become common in our world. Galatians 5:13-26 plainly says what these things are: "For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want. But if you are led by the Spirit you are not under the law. The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred;discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions, and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God."

I bet you're thinking now, wait you're going to get all "high and mighty" on me now? You "born again "and "saved"so you think you can talk down to me? Well to answer your questions, Yes I have been born again and saved. No I'm not talking down to anyone. Just merely quoting what the Word says.  As much as you want to ignore what it says, as much as you want to run from it or just plain disrespect it, it's written plain as day. No matter what Bible translation you use, it's all there. And no matter when you decide to actually pick it up and read it, it's not changing. It's not going to change to fit your needs either. It's going to say what you don't want to hear. It's going to say what you NEED to hear instead. God gives us free will to either listen to Him and his commandments, or to do what we want.

So in closing I want you to ask yourself something. Are you truly wanting to inherit the kingdom of God?

You weren't expecting that...

Comments

Popular Posts